In this series on Spring Cleaning, we would be remiss if we didn’t include some advice on Spring Cleaning your life–mainly your stress life. Let’s face it, we all have it. Stress comes in all shapes and sizes and it can creep up on you when you least suspect it. Another Sardone is in the media, sharing expert tips to help you de-stress and deal with the inevitable pressures that comes with being a busy woman (or man) in this fast-faced world we’ve come to accept as normal:
Tackle the stressful thought first:
- Evaluate stressful thoughts
- What’s the evidence this thought is true?
- What’s the evidence this thought is not true
- What’s the outcome?
Take a deep-breathing break:
- Make time for 10 deep breaths
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth
- You can do this while walking to the water cooler
Do something for you:
- A lunch date or relaxing walk
- Get a manicure, pedicure, or something you enjoy
- Schedule these “breaks” in advance: set an alert or reminder on your phone
- Don’t feel guilt
When you do something that is just for you, studies show it has a spillover effect, This helps you be a better mom, wife, employee or person so there’s no reason to feel guilty. Enjoy! You’ll be better for it.
(In the “leave a comment” section below, tell us what YOU do to lessen stress in your life. And please share this on your Facebook or Twitter so others can enjoy!)