Its beginnings as a small farming town to the booming city it is today, Corinth has been building its history for the last 138 years. Dr. T.A. Ball and his wife came to the area after the Civil War and resided in what is Corinth today. A Doctor and a Preacher, he was well known and owned a majority of the land that would become Corinth. In 1880, the railroad passed through the town, and it officially became a settlement and was then named Corinth. After the railroad came through the city, more families began to settle in the area. Allowing schools to be built, later a community, then a government began to form. September 19, 1960, the community was built and established and no longer had any desire to be a part of another city, so Corinth incorporated.