EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it! Debbie Sardone, Flower Mound resident, and President of Buckets & Bows Maid Service, makes a quick trip to New York City to be interviewed on Fox & Friends Weekend. What an exciting opportunity to expose our nonprofit, Cleaning For A Reason, to millions of viewers during Breast Cancer Awareness month. “Pinktober” as we like to call it, is the perfect month to talk about this amazing resource for women who are battling cancer. During the interview Debbie explained what inspired her to start her nonprofit, Cleaning For A Reason. “I took a call from a women interested in a price for service. I gave her the quote and she told me she couldn’t afford our service at that time as she was battling cancer and not working”. Said Sardone when asked how she came up with the idea. The caller hung up before Debbie could respond. “That day I decided to offer any women who called for a quote and was battling cancer, free cleaning services” said Sardone. The rest is history. In 2006 Debbie launched Cleaning For A Reason. Since launching we’ve experienced these victories:
- We have recruited over 1,000 other maid services in the program, volunteering their time
- The service is available in all 50 states and Canada
- We donated over 16,000 free cleanings to women with cancer
- These free services are valued over $4 million dollars in donated services
- Major sponsors include: Swiffer, Walmart, Staples, Zep, American Cleaning Institute
The Fox & Friends interview came as a result of the partnership between Cleaning For A Reason and Swiffer and Walmart to raise awareness for this great cause during the month of October with their pink Swiffer products!
Swifer helps raise awareness for Cleaning For A Reason in Walmart Stores