1. Clear the clutter! There’s nothing like a mood killer than walking in from work and tripping over shoes, toys, backpacks and the assorted clutter every family creates. Grab a laundry basket and gather it up before he/she gets home. And enlist the kids in contributing to Mom and Dad’s date night by having them put away the items collected. Load dirty dishes into the dishwasher.
2. Make it sparkle…because tonight your kitchen is hosting Valentine’s dinner! Touch up kitchen counters and floors. Just a quick wipe down with Speed Cleaning™ Red Juice and a quick pass over the floors with some Sh-Clean on a Sh-Mop will make the whole room look like you really worked hard to impress. And kiddie fingerprints on the microwave and the refrig vanish with Speed Cleaning™ Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish.
3. Set the mood! Turn down harsh lighting. Put on soft music: think therapeutic massage music, smooth jazz or romantic classics from Pandora or Amazon.
4. Awaken the senses! Light some vanilla candles. Or place a skillet of onions and garlic to cook on the stove to signal that dinner will soon be served, heightening the anticipation for a delicious, romantic meal.
5. Create an oasis! The bedroom should be the most romantic room in the house, not a reminder that there are chores to be done and kids in the rooms upstairs. Gather up the laundry, wet towels from the bathroom, shoes and other clutter. Make the bed, fluffing those pretty decorative pillows. Place fresh fragrant flowers on the nightstand stage the bed with a bed tray complete with chocolate-covered strawberries and crystal champagne-filled flutes ready for a private Happy Hour before dinner.
With a little shopping ahead of time, all of Debbie’s romantic home tips can be done in a short 30-45 minutes but will create a memorable evening sure to say ‘I Love You’ this Valentine’s Day.
Happy Valentine’s Day!