Spring cleaning! You hear the term tossed about as soon as flowers begin to bloom and the days get warmer. It’s used in newspaper ads, mentioned on TV, and it’s online everywhere this time of year. But what is it really?
Spring cleaning is another term for deep cleaning. Some companies call it a deluxe cleaning or a top-to- bottom cleaning but a spring cleaning is normally the same thing as a deep cleaning, minus a few variations based on the cleaning company. Spring has always been the time of year when we open the windows, air the house out, replace heavy blankets with lighter ones, and shake out the rugs.
But spring cleaning isn’t just for spring— it can be done at any time of year. At Buckets & Bows Maid Service, we recommend having a professional cleaning service do a deep cleaning at least once a year, and spring is certainly a great time to breathe fresh life into your home.
Our Top to Bottom Deluxe Cleaning is exactly what you need for a spring cleaning. You can either take this list of chores and do them on your own, or outsource them to professionals and save your energy for things you really want to do.
Do you dread certain cleaning chores? If so, you’ve probably skipped over these areas of your home for many months. Instead of rolling up your sleeves and starting to scrub, hire a maid service to handle those dreaded deep cleaning chores for you.
Spring cleanings focus on removing build-up on the surfaces in your home and this requires detailed work, including:
- Hand washing baseboards, moldings, window sills, door jambs, door frames, light switches, cabinets, top of refrigerator, countertops, backsplashes, ceiling fans blades, and light fixtures;
- Hand wiping knick knacks, picture frames, and uncluttered shelves;
- Cleaning the oven and scrubbing stovetop, grates, and drip pans;
- Cleaning the outside of appliances and the inside of microwaves;
- Removing cobwebs;
- Vacuuming blinds & shutters;
- Polishing the front, sides, and legs of furniture;
- Scrubbing and disinfecting sinks;
- Cleaning mirrors;
- Double scrubbing the bathtub, shower, and tiles;
- Scrubbing and sanitizing all bathroom countertops and fixtures;
- Emptying wastebaskets;
- Changing sheets and making beds;
- Vacuuming stairs and floors
The best part is, once you’ve had your home deep cleaned, you’re in good shape to sign up for regular, recurring cleanings which will take less time and cost less money. This is because we’ve already removed the heavy dirt and grime buildup during your deep cleaning so we can just focus on removing the latest, newly settled dust and dirt. Spring cleaning is an example of a Top to Bottom Deluxe Cleaning and we would love to help you with your spring cleaning this year.
Treat yourself to a freshly cleaned home and welcome spring. Get a free price quote and book your spring cleaning today!