If the holidays snuck up on you again this year, don’t think you have to give up the “WOW!” Buckets & Bows Maid Service offers these ideas for last minute holiday gifts your gift recipients are sure to remember.
- Subscription Service. Think: Netflix for the TV binge-watcher or movie buff; Audible for the commuting book worm; Graze or Try The World for the foodie; Amazon Prime for those who want it now (or in 2 days!). Google “gift subscriptions” and marvel at the options.
- Gift Card Tree/Collage. Creative talent not required! Purchase a Christmas card holder (many of them are shaped like Christmas trees) or collage-style picture frame and insert a few gift cards or certificates to local restaurants and shops — old favorites and new ones to try. The frame or the card holder is a gift itself and you’ve shown thought beyond a plastic gift card in an envelope.
- Tickets. Go to a ball game. See the ballet. Enjoy a local community theater performance. If you’re concerned about the specific date of the event and the gift recipient’s availability, tickets to the movies or membership to a local art museum or other arts foundation are more flexible options; they can be used anytime.
- Cash Donation. For the people on your gift list with a heart for giving or a civic mind, make a donation in their name to a non-profit aligned with their passions. Use the Charity Navigator to explore your options for international, national and local gift giving. You might even get a gift when you make a donation, like the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) offers: a stuffed animal like the real ones you’re helping to save comes with the donation certificate. Or donate to our favorite charity and help a women with cancer receive the gift of free cleaning! CLEANING FOR A REASON
- Try It Out Gift. Know how your friend keeps mentioning that she’d love to take a cake decorating lesson, try that hip yoga class? Make it happen! Gift it to her. She can stop talking about it and go…on you.
- Themed Gift Basket. Here’s another way to punch up the plastic gift card: put together a basket or box of related goodies and make it festive! Gift card to a Mexican restaurant? Make it special in a basket with a jar of salsa and bag of chips, a handwritten recipe for chicken mole and a colorful piñata plumb with candies. A year’s worth of maid service from Buckets & Bows Maid Service will certainly “wow” her on its own. But why not go over the top by pairing it with a good bottle of wine, decadent chocolates and a day at the spa? No need to create your own maid service basket. This one, we’ve got waiting for you! Give us a call.
Buckets & Bows Maid Service suggests a few local businesses who can help you execute your last minute gift giving ideas: Celebrations & Invitations for their beautiful stationery and unique gifts perfect for gift baskets; Hey What’s 4 Dinner to send a home cooked dinner right to their front door; 9Round KickBoxing for their punch cards which make it easy to try it out; CYT, one example of a local theater option, supporting young community actors; and Cleaning for a Reason which is our favorite local charity, serving women battling cancer.
Happy gift giving!