Every Day Items That Make Cleaning Easy
- Baby oil – it’s not just for keeping skin soft. Dab a little on a cotton cloth and use it to shine everything from chrome faucets to your stainless steel fridge.
- Fork carpet fluffer – use a metal fork to fluff up carpet fibers that are matted down from the weight of heavy furniture.
- Coffee Filters – are great for cleaning mirrors. Spritz a little glass cleaner and rub for a streak-free clean.
- Tennis ball – remove scuffs without scratching the floor with a little water and a firm rub with a tennis ball.
- Socks – Turn old socks into dusting mitts. Slip over each hand, spritz a little glass cleaner on one for glass and mirrors, and little furniture polish on the other for wood furniture. Two hands are better than one to help get the job done faster.
- White bread – is great for removing greasy finger prints from walls. Bread is spongy, and absorbent. Just rub a slice over smudges and marks to remove the grime.
- Ice cubes – remove gum from carpet by holding ice on the gum til it hardens, then scrap up.
- Vinegar & baking soda – pour a 1/2 cup of baking soda down a smelly kitchen drain followed by a 1 cup of white vinegar, then rinse with hot water. This should make the sink smell better. Also, you throw some lemon peel or slices down the garbage disposal, run for a few minutes, for a fresher smell.